Wednesday, October 14, 2009

PERIOD 6:





TITLE: sunny dreams
MODEL: jamarr love
REFLECTION: in this photo, i decided to shoot jamarr laying on the ground. Normally, I am against shooting outside in the sunlight but, i thought it was fitting. The goal for this shot was to capture someone enjoying a pleasant, relaxing summer day outside. Coming back from such a tough and rigorous junior year, i thought it would be nice to have a picture capture what most of seniors were feeling. Many of us feel slightly de-stressed and prepared to make those crucial, life-altering decisions. To accomplish this shot, I used a light reflector to block off some of the harsh sunlight. I also lowered the f-stop and focused in on jamarr's hand. I placed jamarr's hand in the way that i did because i wanted him to show he's relaxed but reaching for something so he's not completely lifeless. I love the creases in his hand and they give the picture great texture and so does that grass. Overall, I believe this shoot was a success for being my first shoot with black and white photography. <3

2 comments:

  1. Where is your second image?? And where is your reflection???

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, mrs. alvarez!
    it's uploaded now though :)

    ReplyDelete